Corrupted Verizon/AOL email address
TomJ55

Last year, the Verizon/AOL email service began creating duplicate copies of incoming emails (from any outside sender) and tries to deliver the duplicate to a corrupted version of my address (domain="@cmailm.com" rather than "@verizon.net").  The original emails are delivered normally, but the senders get a MAILER-DAEMON "delivery failure" bounce-back notice and think their emails aren't getting thru.

0 Likes
Re: Corrupted Verizon/AOL email address
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

AOL is now part of YAHOO! which was largely sold to Apollo Global Management last year.

0 Likes
TomJ55

Thank you for your reply, but does that explain the duplicated incoming emails & corrupted domain?

This is more than a mild annoyance; I receive emails from medical offices, other professionals, etc, who are understandably confused about the apparent delivery failures of their emails to me.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would recommend you to switch your email to a more reliable provider, e.g. Gmail and Outlook. Verizon.net emails are really now obsolete and are supposed to be deleted if you did not convert it to an AOL email properly during the conversion window.

You might need to contact the current AOL support to get further insights into your issue.

0 Likes