email error message
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why did this start happening?  I got 2 emails today that have a similar error message.  .I received other email without this error.

Processing errors occurred during delivery:

Recipient address  (it has my verizon email address correctly)

Reason: Error in sieve filter: Insufficient arguments in call to function: header around input line 5 [(h eader:c ontains[ ^"X-Verizon-Spam"][""]

Delivery processing continued in spite of these errors.

Re: email error message
heidivandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got three of the same emails. These relate to messages that were comin in but it says they were messages I sent..

"

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

Message-id:

<1793-160-S8ST9Q-JFIS9-17C2V-2XTJ6W-TZIM2G-H-M2-20140925-f28528ab45c80c593@e-dialog.com>

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 06:21:30 -0400

Very strange.

h2ogram
Enthusiast - Level 2

you are not the only one. Exact same situation But, according to net and what usually causes this sieve filter error I have not done anything on my end to cause it. Assume must be on verizon end but woud be nice to get a confirmaton from them. Hoping my email has not been compromised.

Tracysplace
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting dozens of them, what is the deal?

Timhr950
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Just appeared this morning, but the message does get through.

oreogizmo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing happened to me.  It was mostly on my main email account, but there was one on my sub account.  This all happened around 3:15-3:30am EDT. 

cinderbloke1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, I got one in each of three of my inboxes from <postmaster@verizon.net> between 1:51am and 3:33am, and all the errors related to an error in the "sieve filter", but with two different error descriptions.

The following 2 messages came in with exactly the same timestamps as the email to which they referenced ...

"Processing errors occurred during delivery:

Recipient address: *MyValidEmailAddress*@verizon.net
  Reason: Error in sieve filter: Unknown function/variable found: value around input line 6 [mtest:v alue  "ge" :^comparator "i;ascii-]

Delivery processing continued in spite of these errors."

Reason: Error in sieve filter: Insufficient arguments in call to function: header around input line 5 [(h eader:c ontains[ ^"X-Verizon-Spam"][""]

This one came in with a timestamp 4h28s later than the email to which it referenced ...

Each message referenced emails from known/verified senders. Would like to hear from Verizon what the cause was.

Karenrad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here - I got 5-6 of them. Just changed my password. Why isn't Verizon responding??

h2ogram
Enthusiast - Level 2

so..did you find that changing your password helped? You are no longer getting the errors? My errors were coming from places like walgreens email and koihls email etc. But one came from a private poersonal email as well.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Karenrad wrote:

Same here - I got 5-6 of them. Just changed my password. Why isn't Verizon responding??

...because This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a response from Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.