empty spam detector folder!!
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last several weeks I get many spam emails a day.  None are placed by Verizon in my spam detector (SD) folder. I mark about 20 emails a day as spam and they go to the SD folder

Previously, spam detector would put about half of the spam messages in the SD folder.   When I check my settings, they are still set to detect spam and place messages in the SD folder.

Are others having this   problem?

0 Likes
Re: empty spam detector folder!!
Bramble1111
Yes, same here except mine has not been working for 7 or 8 months. I have had my verizon email for 7 years and I have always had the spam detector turned ON and to save the emails in a folder. For the last 6 years, it worked fine, and I would get about 20-30 emails in the spam detector folder every day and would go in and delete the true spam and keep the real emails that should have gone to inbox. Then one day it just stopped working, and I have not gotten ONE email in the spam detector folder for over 7 months!! I have been trying to get help and explain that something happened all the sudden to make it stop working and NO ONE will listen. They tell me I have to manually put the emails there even though I try to explain I didn't have to for years and years. I have seen quite a few people with this same issue on this forum and others.
0 Likes
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not follow what Verizon would mean "to manually put the emails there".  As you said I used to get 30 or so emails in my spam detector folder.  They just stopped being put there by Verizon.  Every day I send 30 or so to the spam detector folder by clicking the SPAM tab.

What is the expereince of tother foum members.

Do you have messages being sent to the spam detector folder by Verizon on a regular basis?

Do you have a long period (months) of having spam detection turned on but nothing appearing in the spam detector folder except when you click theSPAM tab?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I definitely get mail in the spam detector folder.  Note I think that's the default action, but its possible to specify other actions such as delete.

Mail in the spam defector is deleted after four days, so if you don't check often you may miss seeing spam. 

I also see only a little spam on my one email ID, but lots of spam on a different ID that also is part of a older Verizon account.

0 Likes