Error Message: Not Supported Method
CLB817

I have been trying to access my email via Verizon.net all day and get the following error message: Not Supported Method. Does anyone have any insight????

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error Message: Not Supported Method
lbianco4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been signing in fine forever.  Just got this message today.  Have gotten it all day.  I am using Google Chrome.  I said, let me try signing in through Internet Explorer......guess what!  It worked fine.  Wonder if it has some thing to do with Google Chrome?  It just doesn't make sense.  I could sign it to the forum just fine.....

View solution in original post

twix1

It's sad that no one has answered as of yet.  I was getting the same error every other day. Still getting it every so often...no answer in help & support. I would love to use verizon as my primary email but it's not stable...ugggh

0 Likes
RichInFL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto.  I cn't even log in to see my bill without getting that message - you'd think that would be the firstthing they fix!

0 Likes
lbianco4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been signing in fine forever.  Just got this message today.  Have gotten it all day.  I am using Google Chrome.  I said, let me try signing in through Internet Explorer......guess what!  It worked fine.  Wonder if it has some thing to do with Google Chrome?  It just doesn't make sense.  I could sign it to the forum just fine.....

BSK2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having this issue too using Chrome. I cleared my browing history in Chrome (4 weeks), closed Chrome, restated and now I can get in. Not sure what the deal is. Lots of people having this same is issue. Verizon claimes Chrome isn't a supported browser (??). I 've been using Chrome forever with Fios forever with no problems up until now.

0 Likes
CLB817

Thank you Ibianco4! Google Chrome is the culprit. It's strange because I had been signing in using Google Chrome for several weeks with no problem, until last week. I just signed in using Firefox and had no problem. How sad we heard zilch from Verizon regarding this problem. A moderator made sure to close the thread on one of my other posts, yet didn't offer a solution. Sad. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BSK2112 wrote:

I've been having this issue too using Chrome. I cleared my browing history in Chrome (4 weeks), closed Chrome, restated and now I can get in. Not sure what the deal is. Lots of people having this same is issue. Verizon claimes Chrome isn't a supported browser (??). I 've been using Chrome forever with Fios forever with no problems up until now.

Verizon does NOT claim that Google Chrome is not supported:

http://www22.verizon.com/about/privacy/browser/

It clearly says Chrome 12.x is supported. I have successfully used Chromer 12.x and now Chrome 16.x with the Verizon webmail. I have no idea why some of you are having problems, but for whatever reason I do not have any problems with IE 8, Firefox 3.6.24, or Chrome 16.x.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
CLB817

I checked Google Chrome and my version is 16.0.912.63. I was using Google Chrome for a couple of weeks with no issue until last Thursday, which still persists. Not sure what, but something occurred between Wednesday night and Thursday morning that created the issue.

0 Likes
GaiusBaltar1

I have the same problem.  I called Verizon, and was told that Firefox is no longer supported.  As I use a Mac, I must use Safari to access MyVerizon.  As recently as a few weeks ago, I was able to use Firefox and Chrome.  I even tried using a Firefox extension called User Agent Switcher, which tells websites that I'm using IE.  It has worked in the past, but not now.  

As far as I'm concerned, Verizon has eliminated a service.  I switched to FIOS less than 2 months ago.  It worked fine, until now.  

What other changes do they have in mind?

0 Likes
warrenhottie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the  problem  where Verizon Webmail  gives me a message after signing in where it says NOT SUPPORTED METHOD in the top left hand corner using all three browsers-IE, Firefox 10, Chrome latest & Aurora (firefox's beta version) & it still is happening across all four browsers so it is NOT browser specific

So where is the solution since the previous thread on this issue says SOLVED? I don't see the solution to this under that thread even after clicking go to the solution & reading all 9 replies!

0 Likes