Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Error Message: Not Supported Method

SOLVED
CLB817
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Error Message: Not Supported Method

Message 1 of 17
(4,377 Views)

I have been trying to access my email via Verizon.net all day and get the following error message: Not Supported Method. Does anyone have any insight????

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lbianco4
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Error Message: Not Supported Method

Message 4 of 17
(4,150 Views)

I have been signing in fine forever.  Just got this message today.  Have gotten it all day.  I am using Google Chrome.  I said, let me try signing in through Internet Explorer......guess what!  It worked fine.  Wonder if it has some thing to do with Google Chrome?  It just doesn't make sense.  I could sign it to the forum just fine.....

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
twix
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 17
(4,249 Views)

It's sad that no one has answered as of yet.  I was getting the same error every other day. Still getting it every so often...no answer in help & support. I would love to use verizon as my primary email but it's not stable...ugggh

RichInFL
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 17
(4,211 Views)

Ditto.  I cn't even log in to see my bill without getting that message - you'd think that would be the firstthing they fix!

lbianco4
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 17
(4,151 Views)

I have been signing in fine forever.  Just got this message today.  Have gotten it all day.  I am using Google Chrome.  I said, let me try signing in through Internet Explorer......guess what!  It worked fine.  Wonder if it has some thing to do with Google Chrome?  It just doesn't make sense.  I could sign it to the forum just fine.....

BSK2112
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 17
(4,133 Views)

I've been having this issue too using Chrome. I cleared my browing history in Chrome (4 weeks), closed Chrome, restated and now I can get in. Not sure what the deal is. Lots of people having this same is issue. Verizon claimes Chrome isn't a supported browser (??). I 've been using Chrome forever with Fios forever with no problems up until now.

CLB817
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 17
(4,033 Views)

Thank you Ibianco4! Google Chrome is the culprit. It's strange because I had been signing in using Google Chrome for several weeks with no problem, until last week. I just signed in using Firefox and had no problem. How sad we heard zilch from Verizon regarding this problem. A moderator made sure to close the thread on one of my other posts, yet didn't offer a solution. Sad. 

Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 17
(4,018 Views)

@BSK2112 wrote:

I've been having this issue too using Chrome. I cleared my browing history in Chrome (4 weeks), closed Chrome, restated and now I can get in. Not sure what the deal is. Lots of people having this same is issue. Verizon claimes Chrome isn't a supported browser (??). I 've been using Chrome forever with Fios forever with no problems up until now.

Verizon does NOT claim that Google Chrome is not supported:

http://www22.verizon.com/about/privacy/browser/

It clearly says Chrome 12.x is supported. I have successfully used Chromer 12.x and now Chrome 16.x with the Verizon webmail. I have no idea why some of you are having problems, but for whatever reason I do not have any problems with IE 8, Firefox 3.6.24, or Chrome 16.x.

Keller, TX 76248

CLB817
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 17
(4,012 Views)

I checked Google Chrome and my version is 16.0.912.63. I was using Google Chrome for a couple of weeks with no issue until last Thursday, which still persists. Not sure what, but something occurred between Wednesday night and Thursday morning that created the issue.

GaiusBaltar
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 17
(3,452 Views)

I have the same problem.  I called Verizon, and was told that Firefox is no longer supported.  As I use a Mac, I must use Safari to access MyVerizon.  As recently as a few weeks ago, I was able to use Firefox and Chrome.  I even tried using a Firefox extension called User Agent Switcher, which tells websites that I'm using IE.  It has worked in the past, but not now.  

As far as I'm concerned, Verizon has eliminated a service.  I switched to FIOS less than 2 months ago.  It worked fine, until now.  

What other changes do they have in mind?

warrenhottie
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 17
(3,444 Views)

I have the  problem  where Verizon Webmail  gives me a message after signing in where it says NOT SUPPORTED METHOD in the top left hand corner using all three browsers-IE, Firefox 10, Chrome latest & Aurora (firefox's beta version) & it still is happening across all four browsers so it is NOT browser specific

So where is the solution since the previous thread on this issue says SOLVED? I don't see the solution to this under that thread even after clicking go to the solution & reading all 9 replies!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title