Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

June 28 and 29 Email Outage and send/receive issues

annie929
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can't receive email - Server down?

Message 20 of 134
(7,623 Views)

I'm near NYC - got same maintenance notice since 4:30 -- now almost 9 pm here.  Very frustrating -- have many messages I know need answering for a soccer club I work for

dfwtx3
Contributor
Contributor

Message 21 of 134
(7,622 Views)

Same thing here in Dallas/Fortworth Texas

bridgenut
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 134
(7,619 Views)

Me three - password request (which shouldn't come up, anyhow) is caught in a loop.  If you try to reach customer service by phone, it hangs up on you at the end...  nice service

bridgenut
Contributor
Contributor

Message 25 of 134
(7,607 Views)

PS - I'm in Dover, DE ..... I guess it is comforting to know there are others with the same problem.  I wasted a half hour checking my email server settings...

lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 26 of 134
(7,572 Views)

Same thing happened to the forums login as well if you used the integrated verizon.net signin all around 4pm.   Since all of these userids tie to the same authentication infrastructure, I suspect they took some kind of major hit to their authentication server (although that should certainly be a redundent part of the their infrastructure).

Forums is up and running again obviously and so is the My Verizon stuff ... so I've got imagine that email can't be far behind, but depending on what they had to do to get around whatever the problem was, it could be a configuration update that they need to make in the backend somewhere.

ct01247
Contributor
Contributor

Message 29 of 134
(7,541 Views)

I'm in western Mass., and have been down since about 5.  It is inconsistently back up.

It's shocking how little news there was on the internet!  googling got mostly only answers from the last outage, on April 21.

bingotheclown
Contributor
Contributor

Message 30 of 134
(7,509 Views)

E-mail is Dead  DEad Dead. 

Scince around 4pm also. 9:00pm now and still nothing.

im in park ridge and am using residential FIOS.

i also have had the same e-mail account setup on my iphone and am getting the "cant get e-mail" mesasage from that.

of course i never touch my passwords in these situations, used to happpen to me all the time with optimum. 

hope this outage dosent continue too long. im waiting on emails.  oddly i was able to log into here with the same username and password.

Ladybard
Contributor
Contributor

Message 32 of 134
(7,500 Views)

Yes, I can find news on outages in January and April, but nothing on the outage now.

I am in southern Rhode Island.

I know everyone else is equally frustrated. I appreciate any updates or information that anyone finds.

bfrederi1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 33 of 134
(7,496 Views)

Boston also. The whole country is down.

Can't wait to see if there's been any data loss once the system comes back up.

Netmail is not one of Verizon's strong points.

salrusso
Contributor
Contributor

Message 34 of 134
(7,494 Views)

Disgraceful how hard Verizon makes it to figure out that the proboem is with them and not on our end. They hide the bad news from potential customers. paying a ton for Fios, at least when it crashes they should tell us....maybe through Comcast or something that works!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title