Re: Can't receive email - Server down?
cnr2

Still down here, Tampa Bay Florida.  Would like better info on web site as to what is going on...

0 Likes
SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net - not able to connect to send outgoing emails
vantilian

I'm not able to connect to the Verizon SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net this evening .  I can't send out any emails.  Anyone else have this issue?  Thanks.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

SMTP Down in Washington, D.C. / Maryland!! Not good. First time in 5 years.. No sendmail workign and it is spotty and very much intermittant.

0 Likes
larrye
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is pis poor customer service. Email down in the middle of the day with no warning, no nuthin. And no system status page to go to on this **bleep** website to find out what the story is. Really poor. Cablevision puts this to shame.

0 Likes
Re: SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net - not able to connect to send outgoing emails
hurnik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, same here.  Cannot even login to the webmail at Verizon either.

0 Likes
rastern

Baltimore 8:43PM same crap here.    Second time in about 3 months.  Maybe switching to FIOS from Comcast was not too smart....

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@rastern wrote:

Baltimore 8:43PM same crap here.    Second time in about 3 months.  Maybe switching to FIOS from Comcast was not too smart....

Support chat is down when it should be up. Also probably being flooded with calls, so they pull the plug. The tech support line says issues with vzw.com. I think it is a little more wide spread than vzw! All Email outgoing looks to be down. Who knows what else. Inbound it connects, but that does not mean it is working. I guess it is a rare occurance. I can not say I ever remember it being down at completely. Perhaps Email taking three days to get through a few times should count sa being down.

0 Likes
jpf33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same deal here in Pittsburgh! Why no status message on the Verizon home page? 

0 Likes
Re: SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net - not able to connect to send outgoing emails
RRpilot

Note from support chat session.

Shivani: I regret to inform you that there is some temporary maintainence going on for Verizon Central. I would like to inform you that there is an outage on the Verizon server due to which you will be unable to access folders and emails on Verizon, Engineers are aware of the issue and are working toward resolution and the issue will be taken care of as soon as possible. We highly anticipate and appreciate your kind cooperation in this regard.
Shivani: It will get fixed with in 2-3 hours.
0 Likes
annie929

I'm near NYC - got same maintenance notice since 4:30 -- now almost 9 pm here.  Very frustrating -- have many messages I know need answering for a soccer club I work for

0 Likes