Re: Can't receive email - Server down?
dfwtx3

Same thing here in Dallas/Fortworth Texas

0 Likes
bridgenut

Me three - password request (which shouldn't come up, anyhow) is caught in a loop.  If you try to reach customer service by phone, it hangs up on you at the end...  nice service

0 Likes
Re: SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net - not able to connect to send outgoing emails
annie929

Two to three hours from when?  It has been out since 4:30 EST - it is now 8:50 pm EST.

0 Likes
Re: SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net - not able to connect to send outgoing emails
ammobeav

This is awesome.  Thats what I get for sending work home and ol reliable breaks on me.  Darnit.

0 Likes
bridgenut

PS - I'm in Dover, DE ..... I guess it is comforting to know there are others with the same problem.  I wasted a half hour checking my email server settings...

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same thing happened to the forums login as well if you used the integrated verizon.net signin all around 4pm.   Since all of these userids tie to the same authentication infrastructure, I suspect they took some kind of major hit to their authentication server (although that should certainly be a redundent part of the their infrastructure).

Forums is up and running again obviously and so is the My Verizon stuff ... so I've got imagine that email can't be far behind, but depending on what they had to do to get around whatever the problem was, it could be a configuration update that they need to make in the backend somewhere.

0 Likes
Servers Are DOWN! Webmail is operating.
prisaz
Legend

verizon.net is not operating. Webmail is functioning but it looks as though all other mail services are not operating.

If you would like to check your Email or send Email during this outage, please do so from here.

http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/

Would be nice for Verizon to post this message here, but there is a link if you go to the verizon.net web page.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think this is "maintenance".  Given that it's the entire authentication infrastructure (because it affected all signons that relied on the Verizon.net base userid / password), it must have been a server or datacenter outage somewhere.   This stuff should be redundent -- but I'm thinking the guy in charge of "testing" that capability has suddenly found himself having a bad day.

ct01247

I'm in western Mass., and have been down since about 5.  It is inconsistently back up.

It's shocking how little news there was on the internet!  googling got mostly only answers from the last outage, on April 21.

0 Likes
bingotheclown

E-mail is Dead  DEad Dead. 

Scince around 4pm also. 9:00pm now and still nothing.

im in park ridge and am using residential FIOS.

i also have had the same e-mail account setup on my iphone and am getting the "cant get e-mail" mesasage from that.

of course i never touch my passwords in these situations, used to happpen to me all the time with optimum. 

hope this outage dosent continue too long. im waiting on emails.  oddly i was able to log into here with the same username and password.

0 Likes