Email /System issues
matchpenalty

I can get my email for secondary email accounts, but not for the primary.  I can log in, but cannot access any email services.  Similar happens when connecting via my iphone.  There is an issue with primary accounts.  There is some system maintenance apparently going on, but it seems strange to affect main/subaccounts this way.

I have been on hold for tech support for 20 mins without a wait time message or a single hint of customer service assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive email - Server down?
Ladybard

Yes, I can find news on outages in January and April, but nothing on the outage now.

I am in southern Rhode Island.

I know everyone else is equally frustrated. I appreciate any updates or information that anyone finds.

0 Likes
bfrederi1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Boston also. The whole country is down.

Can't wait to see if there's been any data loss once the system comes back up.

Netmail is not one of Verizon's strong points.

0 Likes
salrusso

Disgraceful how hard Verizon makes it to figure out that the proboem is with them and not on our end. They hide the bad news from potential customers. paying a ton for Fios, at least when it crashes they should tell us....maybe through Comcast or something that works!

0 Likes
Re: Servers Are DOWN! Webmail is operating.
cnr2

Web Mail not working in Florida

0 Likes
jpf33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Web mail not working now either...

0 Likes
Re: SMTP server: outgoing.verizon.net - not able to connect to send outgoing emails
ammobeav

looks like the webmail is trying to connect.

0 Likes
matchpenalty

I am trying to reach them.  Approaching 30 min on hold.  It appears that mail is working for SUBACCOUNT, but not primary accounts.

0 Likes
matchpenalty

UPDATE:  I finally got a CSR, who seemed to not have a clue.  I asked on expected resolution for the SYSTEMWIDE (he said it) problem and he would only say withing 48 hours.  That is 'our standard response' was the comment.  Now that is a bit ridiculous.

0 Likes
DickMoran

It's 9:13PM here in Maryland. My BlackBerry bitched at 8:30 that it needed a new password for my verizon account. Thought it was phissing. Checked my Outlook Express and same stuff. I tried to figure web mail out but no go.

This is the first time in my memory that my e-mail has been unavailable. Man we are sure tied up in all this electronic connectivity. We are sitting ducks for someone with malicious intents.

DM

0 Likes