keeping verizon email address when leaving verizon
jchatzky

I'm trying to  hold on to 2 verizon.net email address in my account when i stop using verizon as a provider.  I've joined 'your domain', but the 2 address i want to keep are actually set up as  aliases (the actuall email is VZE....).  Tech support at "Your Domain' said there is no way to hold on to an address if its actually an alias.  They told me the only soloution is to try to get someone at Verizon to reasign the name from an alias to a propper sub-account, which they say is possible, but after many hours on the phone I couldn't find anyone who had any idea how to do this.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: keeping verizon email address when leaving verizon
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@jchatzky wrote:

I'm trying to  hold on to 2 verizon.net email address in my account when i stop using verizon as a provider.  I've joined 'your domain', but the 2 address i want to keep are actually set up as  aliases (the actuall email is VZE....).  Tech support at "Your Domain' said there is no way to hold on to an address if its actually an alias.  They told me the only soloution is to try to get someone at Verizon to reasign the name from an alias to a propper sub-account, which they say is possible, but after many hours on the phone I couldn't find anyone who had any idea how to do this.

Go to www.keepmyemail.com and follow the steps there. it should ask and grab the right names.  

An alias is the same as the VZE address, so when you retain the VZE address, you should retain the alias as well. 

0 Likes
Re: keeping verizon email address when leaving verizon
jchatzky

If i understood them correctly, the tech support folks at verizon your domain said that an alias name would not be saved, only the root email.  So if i understand correctly my VZE..address i will rertain when i cancel verizon DSL, but when someone sends me an email to the alias address it will no longer be pointing to the VZE address.  Or am i not correct?

0 Likes