losing inbox emails in verizon yahoo mail
diane12341
Enthusiast - Level 2

periodically the inbox clears except for the last 15 to 20 inputs.  why ? how can i stop the mail from being removed

Re: losing inbox emails in verizon yahoo mail
dfenderson07
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you're using outlook to view your email and something else to view them, make sure that you have "keep a copy of this email on the server". I know when you use Outlook, delete from server after 14 days is automatically checked off.

diane12341
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes a long time ago i dixcovered that going to outlook caused thingd to disappear and for that reasonn i have not opened outlook in many months

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@diane1234 wrote:

yes a long time ago i dixcovered that going to outlook caused thingd to disappear and for that reasonn i have not opened outlook in many months

The easiest way to stop a pop3 client from removing messages from the server is to change the password that you use to log into webmail. Then the client can't authenticate to pull the mail.

0 Likes
diane12341
Enthusiast - Level 2

in verizon yahoo mail is there no place to go to make a setting that tells them to leave maik

it seems ro happen after mail is switched to a different mail address--my husband has a separate seldom used account

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@diane1234 wrote:

in verizon yahoo mail is there no place to go to make a setting that tells them to leave maik

it seems ro happen after mail is switched to a different mail address--my husband has a separate seldom used account

The setting would be in the email client (Outlook, etc.), not in Verizon Yahoo webmail.

0 Likes