New email policy
jackmcd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just notified of the new email policy. The way I read the notification, it appears that I have to log in to Verizon email regularly to keep my account active. I use my email daily but only that my safari mail. Am I going to be in danger of having my account deleted?

Alert message from Verizon that Verizon.net email will be deleted if inactive for 180 days
Jwhk814

Today I received an alert message that Verizon would delete our Verizon.net account if the email account was inactive for 180 days and could not be reactivated! 

Why we need to use Verizon's Internet services?

We better switch to other internet service provider! 

This is absurb!

0 Likes
Re: Alert message from Verizon that Verizon.net email will be deleted if inactive for 180 days
davidpeab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same threatening message. I need to know if I am still considered as using my Verizon.net email account when I am accessing it through Mac Mail. I have hundreds of contacts, personal, commercial, and professional that rely on my Verizon.net email. Will my use of Mac Mail be considered "Accessing my Verizon.net account" or do I have to log onto this ill designed, slow and spam filled site just to check my email, when I would rather simply check my email directly from my Mac, in order to keep the Verizon.net email account for which I am paying Verizon?

Re: Alert message from Verizon that Verizon.net email will be deleted if inactive for 180 days
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is something only Verizon can answer.  Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Confusing email from Verizon
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the confusing email from Verizon below.  I don't understand whether it applies to accessing verizon.net with Outlook, or a smartphone.  I don't normally login to webmail.verizon.com.  There is no reason for me to do so.  However, I do use Outlook, and my smartphone to access my verizon.net email.  Is Verizon going to delete my verizon.net email account because I don't use webmail.verizon.com?  Way to go Verizon with confusing the hell out of your customers by sending a cryptic email!

Here's the text of the email:

We wanted to let you know that we changed our email policy. 

With this change, if you haven’t accessed your verizon.net email account in over 180 days, your email account will be deleted and cannot be reactivated.   This change only impacts your verizon.net email account. Your access to myverizon.com will not be affected.

If this change applies to you and you’d like to keep your email account active, simply log in towebmail.verizon.com from a computer and check your email within the next 30 days.   Any verizon.net email accounts that remain inactive after 30 days of this notice will be deleted, including the email address. 

Please visit verizon.com/emailpolicy to review our updated policy.

Thanks for being a loyal Verizon customer.

© 2015 Verizon. All Rights Reserved.

Ensure Verizon emails reach your inbox by adding verizon-notification@verizon.com to your “safe” email list. Your email or Internet provider can provide instructions on how it works.

This email has been sent from an auto-notification system that cannot accept incoming email.

SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's better to use gmail or outlook.com than Verizon.net

0 Likes
Re: New email policy
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same question.  I don't login to webmail.verizon.net.  I use Outlook or my smartphone.  Will my account be deleted too?  Verizon is confusing me.

0 Likes
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sometimes login to my Verizon email though Yahoo email.  Am I considered to login to my Verizon.net account through Yahoo or do I have to specifically login to webmail.verizon.net?

Re: Confusing email from Verizon
Justin46
Legend

There is a link to their new policy in the email. If you go read what is there you will see very clearly that accessing a verizon.net email address using a client like Outlook will satisfy the access requirment.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Re: Confusing email from Verizon
NJSports
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it was very confusing.  Thank you for posting your message.  I read somones reply, but I don't use Outlook, I use Window LIve Mail.   Does that count?   In addition, my husband has an account which he has never logged in with.  However, this account is needed.   So what if it is never logged into, we are still paying the bill for Verizon Internet.  If we stop paying, then delete it.  Good Grief.