No email received via Outlook 2007 or Live Webmail 2012 since 11/14
encryption1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 Windows 8 machines running Outlook 2007 and Live Mail 2012 Email clients setup and working fine for the last two months to the latest verizon email servers with SSL turned on send and receive, SPA off.  11/15 just started getting error that the email server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.  Try changing the encryption method.  Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service Provider.

I spent over an hour on telephone support not to mention couple hours looking through support info with no success.  Nicole came on my computer and tried to configure reconfigure my email account in Outlook 2007  so I could download my new email with no success.  She claims conveniently that the problem is with Outlook 2007.  I guess that means the problem is with Live mail 2012 as well.  I can receive my email on my iphone with the settings unchanged from before the problem presented itself and I can access webmail no problem from the win8 machines.

Any hints from folks who have encountered this problem and fixed it would be greatly appreciated.  Of course Outlook 2007 is no longer actively supported so I can't contact anybody at Microsoft.

I think Verizon made a change to the email server using a newer encryption method or something?  But can not resolve the issue from my end.

0 Likes
Re: No email received via Outlook 2007 or Live Webmail 2012 since 11/14
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on a Verizon network, as some have had problems that require they whitelist there IP address when connecting through other networks.  ESP. Foreign ISP's. 

Both outlook 2007 and live mail 2012 (not webmail) work for me.  Double check your settings and if necessary post all your non-confidential settings so your peers here can make suggestions.

0 Likes
encryption1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on Verizon network at home location.

0 Likes
frustratedinCA1

I  have Outlook 2010 and it is taking up to 6 hours to receive emails.

Sent one to myself at 7 am and at 8 it is still not here..

New probllem, must be a new fix somewhere.

0 Likes
FlavorBaum

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ! LIVE MAIL IS NOT WORKING AND CANT GET IT TO WORK ON MY SAMSUNG PHONE EITHER>

0 Likes