plain text no longer available
Not applicable

With the new Verizon email, plain text is no longer an option. Plain text is required to send messages to yahoogroups.com, therefore I can no longer send any messages to my church's yahoo group. Help!

Tags (1)
Re: plain text no longer available
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello rlbridge,

Do you have the option to change views? I sent you a private message so I can assist you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Actually a well known problem with the new WEB email interface.  Personally I stuck with the old web interface for now, and mostly use my PC client anyway so that i can save organize etc all my email even if I were to leave Verizon.

Verizon has acknowledged the problem and is suppose to working to add back a text email option.

If you need to go back to the old interface, and can't seem to, see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/I-hate-this-new-email-How-do-I-go-back/m-p/325953#M44...

naomirie
Enthusiast - Level 1

rlbridge and tns thanks so much! At least I know that I'm not crazy with this problem.

Tinqer

If plain text is no longer an option, then I would like for Verizon to STOP SENDING ME ANY EMAIL because it is never going to be read. I use a plain text email viewer to keep email born viri and re-directors out of my inbox. Nice going Verizon for making sure everyone can be a target for hackers and phreakers! Need to email me??? Plain text only or the trash can.

0 Likes
pkegney
Contributor - Level 1
Tinger, I thought it was just me... But lest not forget the more lucrative marketing culprits ($$$) invading our lives everyday including mailboxes via google services and the like. I haven't met a single soul in my 25 years online that which to have their lives exposed to unprincipled target marketing strategies geared specifically at their own personal preferences, Personally I like it when 'privacy" and 'private' meant just that... ! ! !

Meaning that if I wish to share any personal information with said marketing sector it should be up to me, my choice not my telecommunications provider. I used to count on such privacy in all communications not withstanding this one (or any one such as this) however "I've freely chosen to share this and make public".

I say bring back the old plain unscripted form we all knew and loved, free from unscrupulous, malicious and prying eyes invading our lives thorough this wonderful technology.
0 Likes