Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Problem with new settings for Windows Live Mail

SOLVED
BruceH
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Problem with new settings for Windows Live Mail

Message 11 of 14
(1,732 Views)

I am trying to rebuild my mother-in-law's PC and am having problems configuring Windows Live Mail to access her Verizon.Net email account.  Her PC was corrupted otherwise I would have written down the other settings.

I have tried all of the settings on the blog posts and cannot get them to work.  It keeps prompting for a password, even though I can logon to webmail with that password.

What are the options to connect Windows Live 2011 email client to Verizon's email service?  I would like to try a few since it appears that teh standard set that are published simply do not work. 

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 12 of 14
(1,730 Views)

@BruceH wrote:

I am trying to rebuild my mother-in-law's PC and am having problems configuring Windows Live Mail to access her Verizon.Net email account.  Her PC was corrupted otherwise I would have written down the other settings.

I have tried all of the settings on the blog posts and cannot get them to work.  It keeps prompting for a password, even though I can logon to webmail with that password.

What are the options to connect Windows Live 2011 email client to Verizon's email service?  I would like to try a few since it appears that teh standard set that are published simply do not work. 

Update to Windows live (essentials) 2012. 

There is a strange bug in Windows Live that causes this and is hard to get at.  Try using seperate password entries (same value of course) for send and receive.

The general settings are all covered in http://verizon.com/emailsettings

frustratedbird
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 14
(1,364 Views)

I changed the setting in windows Live Mail and it did not work had to go back to old settings. 

frustratedbird
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 14 of 14
(1,363 Views)

These are the new setting that verizon wants us to use. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title