Re: Verizon redirect to *verizonwireless* on webmail login
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mm1 wrote:

First of all this issue has not been resolved as someone marked it on the thread so it is still something that is a reason for concern. Second of all i think it is very clear that verizon was hit hard by someone but they do not want to admit the obvious because then a lot of people will abandon them and their competition will openly mock them in their ads where they often attack verizon.

ITS RESOLVED.  You and I may not like it but its intentional to make both Verizon and Verizon Wireless use a single logon technique.  Not just Webmail use it, or of the Verizon site now goes to Verizon Wireless for signon.

0 Likes
gordwes

how do I transfer  all verizon email account  files to gmail.com

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gordwes wrote:

how do I transfer  all verizon email account  files to gmail.com

Very manually.  You may have some luck getting GMAIL to pull copies, but nothing from Verizon will help you push them.

Personally I don't recommend leaving your emails on any server.  Pull them to your own machines/devices.

0 Likes
thompa124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

Just to thank you for posting the work-around, which worked for me too.

Last night I started a 'Chat' session with a Verizon operative about the problem. I kept entering my logon, and password and being redirected to the Verizon Wireless logon. I don't have a wireless account!

I would click on 'forgot password' and change the password and start again, only to be redirected to the Verizon Wireless account again.

So I started the 'Chat' and the operative took control of my machine.

After trying several times doing exactly what I did, he paused to contact the 'network team'. He returned to try the same again several times. By this time he had been connected for over an hour and it was 1:30 in the morning... so I decided to terminate... he asked for a few more minutes... doing exactly the same from several different directions... but always getting back to the Verizon Wireless logon page. I finally had enough and he asked me to try on another device.. which I had already done.. seeing the same problem... he ended by saying that the problem was with my devices and quit!

This morning, I spent about an hour searching for a resolution.... we are in the UK and the Verizon 'Chat' isn't open yet. Interestingly the 'Pin' number system that Verizon have to reconnect only works with the Primary account holder....

Fortunately, I found your post and now my wife is connected.... then I thought that I would try my account... I am the primary.. and guess what.... came up with exactly the same problem... again resolved by your work-around!

So, thanks again!

Now the issue has me wondering whether it could be a Java problem... I updated that yesterday, or whether it is a Windows 10 issue.... which I updated about a month ago....

Anyway, that is not for me to deal with!

Allan

0 Likes
ZandorRI
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have a degree in Computer and Networking and it could very well be what you suggested. However, I am beginning to think they are just trying to consolidate the 2 into 1. For example they closed all the FIOS stores in our area & combined them with the Wireless stores. Cost savings they told us at the store. Just check if your store is still there before you go, seems they don't keep up on updating their web pages to reflect the closings. Cheers!

0 Likes