Verizon Yahoo email
nokegirl

I have been using my verizon.net email through the Yahoo portal for many years... until yesterday. I had to get a new iphone and now I cannot access my email anymore. I have tried using my iphone as well as my laptop using

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Apple could not assist

Verizon Wireless could not assist

Yahoo could not assit and directs me back to Verizon landline.

How do I retrieve my Verizon Yahoo email???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email
jonjones1
Legend

There is another post here that shows those settings. https://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet/POP-settings-for-Verizon-Yahoo-e-mail/td-p/144104

Maybe it is the signon and password you entered is case sensitive. Or try here.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/verizon/SLN4724.html

The last thing I can think of is Yahoo or Verizon changed the settings without telling the customers. Or the servers could be down.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The somegirl post pointed to is many years old.  You should definitely use SSL and different ports. (pop-995, smtp-465).

Some people have recently had trouble because of the different password rules allowed on Verizon versus Yahoo.  Others because of recent server changes going on. 

Make sure you look at the official doc on setting up your settings for the email server.   https://help.yahoo.com/kb/verizon/SLN4724.html

If you are positive try contacting VERIZON.  They may tell you to go to Yahoo, but you need them to send you to someone with knowledge of the VERIZON/YAHOO email.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Also, make sure your password does not contain any special characters.

0 Likes
Ealbalan

I have this issue since Feb 15th. It looks like something have change on the yahoo side but since verizon ousource it to yahoo no one in verizon can help. my hope that with more people like us complaining it will rais a flag with verizon. 

I have email Verizon Chief Communications Officer, i will let you know if someone will contact me.

0 Likes
Ealbalan

I use "!" in my password. is that a special carectore?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Ealbalan wrote:

I use "!" in my password. is that a special carectore?

Yes, try changing your password.

0 Likes
Ealbalan

i open my email and try to send an email and i have notice that email address that i have had issue with since Feb 15th is listed again. 

I did not get any email or a call from verizon or yahoo it just came back.

It will be intresting to see how long it will remain.

0 Likes
Ealbalan

just want to share that after a month and a half my verizon email show up again as i have complaining to verizon since feb 15th.

Hope it comes back for you as well 

0 Likes
nokegirl

It appears that the issue is my password. Yahoo does not recognize my password and redirects me to Verizon to reset it. Resetting my Verizon password only changes my fios account and not my Verizon Yahoo account. I am stuck in a loop without any way to change my password or get Yahoo to accept the password I have always used.

0 Likes