Re: Why are some emails re-downloaded from Verizon (AOL) server to Outlook 2016 causing doubles?
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

This is still happening, and it's much worse the past month than ever.

Hey, Verizon and AOL - do you want to help us work from home, or do you just not care?

(And I've been a Verizon - NYNEX - NY Telephone - Bell Telephone customer all my life.)  

Re: Why are some emails re-downloaded from Verizon (AOL) server to Outlook 2016 causing doubles?
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Still happening, and very bad.

0 Likes
cmmrva

I have the same issues and was looking to see where the reply is.  I need to get this fixed and it is driving me crazy!  It happens randomly and even after I delete my emails from AOL, they still show up in Outlook.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Still happening - all the time.  Only verizon.net email on aol, not any other email account.

0 Likes
Richard572
Enthusiast - Level 1

It also happens with Verizon emails from Yahoo's mail server.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Richard57 - What's your setup?  What email app on what computer?  What's your internet connection and speed?

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Still happening and getting worse.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Some changes I made as outlined < HERE ON THIS FORUM > do NOT help with this duplicate download problem.

The problem continues.  AOL remains the worst email provider anywhere, and its parent Verizon does nothing.

Rich_Cohen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm seeing the same problem on my 2013 Mac Pro using Mac Mail.  Every so often, about a month's worth of old emails are downloaded to my inbox.   I've been seeing this for about a year.  I have my email set up as a POP account on the Mac.

I'm relieved to see that this is not a Mac-specific problem, but really angry to see that it's been around so long.

I'm almost to the point of cancelling my FIOS account and moving to another service just to eliminate this problem.  To make matters worse, AOL will not talk to me unless I pay an additional fee on top of my FIOS charge.  When I installed FIOS 10 years ago, email was part of the package.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Still happening - worse than ever.

0 Likes