Re: Why do I have to log in every single time I check my email now?
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, fellow consumer "veryirritated", you're absolutely right. 

OPT OUT is key!!!  Please refer to my previous post where I describe how they have made it take 10 times longer to sign in, and all the extra steps, none of their settings work, etc.

Listen, please, VERIZON***  Helloooo!!!

"veryirritated"-- since obviously the provider does not look at the consumer's poor experiences, you may as well tell me right here on their forum; if you find a way to retain the fiber optic connection using another provider, kindly let me know.  My bad experience appears to be identical to yours.  I too want only the internet, don't use TV, and bought ther bundle for the internet.  What kind of horrible excuse for upgraded technology is this?  It's awful!

0 Likes
Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN IN EVERYTIME I WANT TO SEE MY E-MAIL
carolnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem   and no one seems to be answering our question.  I am using Mozilla Firefox browser but have been for quite a long time.   I use to be able to sign in and stay signed in for two weeks, now each time I want to access my email I have to do so.   Why can't anyone answer this and correct this problem, Verizon does not seem to be of any help.

Re: e mail sign in
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you vzretiree!

It is truly pathetic that a retiree has to volunteer to help customers "work around" an "improvement/ upgrade". (so-called!)

The work around does solve an important issue.  It makes the password storage add-ons in Firefox work.  It makes the user name and password 'storable'.  The prescribed method of sign-in DISABLES all "remember my username/password" features.

Also, we have the benefit of skipping the repeated "security questions" and the "picture password".

OPT OUT is KEY!  The consumer of these sevices has the right to CHOOSE not to add seemingly endless steps to the log-in process.  If a user is paranoid, or feels that their information is abnormally at risk or unusually sensitive, such as how to withdraw 1 million dollars from their bank account, they have right -BUT NOT THE REQUIREMENT-- to lengthen and encumber the process.

Thank You, vzretiree!

0 Likes
Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN IN EVERYTIME I WANT TO SEE MY E-MAIL
murcott
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now the option of "keep me signed in for 2 weeks" is gone and I still have to sign in each time.

Is this ever going back to the way it was?

0 Likes
Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN IN EVERYTIME I WANT TO SEE MY E-MAIL -solution
adam1ny
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, after looking around for a solution for this very same issue...i am actually hesitant in saying anything for the fear of verizon simply further destroying its functionality.

BUT... here goes.

go ahead and duplicate this page in the browser if you want..

LOG OUT of verizon if you are already logged in...now just try to reply to this or any other post...

since you are logged out you will be taken to a NEW page with several different login options. this is apparently the OLD login funcitonality thats still tied in to the forums...the login functionality thats otherwise been ruined by verizon.

from the various radio button options you'll see, select the login with your verizon id option and you will see the OLD login dialog box open right within that page... it still has the previous "keep me signed in for two weeks" option still available.

thats it... cross your fingers.

this seems to have done the trick for me as i was visting the forums a couple of weeks ago looking for a solution to why i had to login several times a day just to view webmail,and i was about add a snarky reply to a mod for their obviously false and disengenuous responses when i ran into this login option because...you guessed it, verizon had already logged me out again lol.

after that,i had been able to view webmail multimple times a day for a couple of weeks,just as we used to be able to until yesterday. i tried logging in using the new "normal" login window and was again Back to being forced to login over and over again.... until i revisted that forum specific login box i describe above.

i hope this works for others that still havent found a workaround to verizons greed/ineptitude.

e-mail sign in
signin1

I'm not happy with Verizon's new sign in policy. What happened to Keep me Signed in? It was nice to sign in once every 2 weeks. Bring that block back we use to check. 

0 Likes
login
ronrex

your system is not remembering my ID and password. Keeps asking me and no place on home page to check keep me logged in

0 Likes
Re: login
polram

Same with me....Verizon once had a block to check to keep me signed in for 2 weeks.  Now I have to sign in almost every day....sometimes twice a day...so what gives ???  How about an answer Verizon ?

0 Likes
How to stay logged on to email longer
gloverepp

There used to be a way to select an option when you logged in to allow me to stay logged into my email longer.   There is no longer an option for this and I am automatically logged out in less than 60 minutes.  How can this be extended?  thanks much.....

0 Likes
Re: login
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ronrex wrote:

your system is not remembering my ID and password. Keeps asking me and no place on home page to check keep me logged in

The main sigin pages have removed sigin in.  There ae a few get arounds (other sigin in pages they haven't changed yet), but this is apparently the planned new design.

Obviously they are doing this because they have had a couple major breaches of their security that they are trying to block.  Not sure I don't agree with the concern for the Website.  BUT for all the others it is probably best that you move your email to an email client.  E.G. Windows Live Mial, Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.

0 Likes