YAHOO Security Breach
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since Verizon uses Yahoo Mail can I assume that we should change passwords and security questions on Yahoo due to security breach being reported?

I was unable to log into Yahoo this morning to change settings.

0 Likes
Re: member profile redirect to member center never loads.
dwgriffi2

Same here.  Massive Yahoo securty breach news on every page I go to.   But can't change pw because the account info link goes nowhere.

0 Likes
Re: YAHOO Security Breach
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This breach actually occurred some time ago.  Yahoo did send out a message about changing your password, in fact it required me to do so.  They are just coming clean about the extent of the data breach.

Never hurts to change your password periodicly

0 Likes
Changing my verizon yahoo email password
orion616

After receiving a message from Yahoo regarding their hacking, I have attempted to change my verizon yahoo email password.  After signing in, I am sent to the verizon/yahoo.com page.  When I click on my name and select "Account Info", I am transferred to a page titled: https://verizon.edit.client.yahoo.com/verizon/membercenter    

This page just keeps refreshing and never appears to allow me to access my password and change it.

What is happening here, is there another way to change my email password (and I don't mean my Verizon account password)?

0 Likes
Re: Changing my verizon yahoo email password
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi orion616,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Access to yahoo thru Chrome
baglady49

Since the news about the hacking of Yahoo, I cannot access my yahoo account or yahoo email (Verizon.net) through Google.  I can access thru Firefox.  I was on the phone for over an hour with customer service and at least got my laptop to use Firefox for access.  My tablet and smartphone are dead in the water for my email.  What is the problem and how can I fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Access to yahoo thru Chrome
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi baglady49,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MsSusan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: member profile redirect to member center never loads.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dwgriffi2,

0 Likes
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know why Verizon would need to send me a private FORUM message to reply to my question.  I had trouble logging onto FORUM earlier today but was able to access msg. finally.

ANSWER was that they reset my password but I believe Verizon is doing this for most users since spouse had to reset password last night.

(new password requirements are very restrictive, took 20 min to think of one that was accepted)

0 Likes